Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, January 27, 2023

Let's Go Fishing!



“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”Matthew 4:19

When you think of going fishing you more than likely imagine sitting in a boat or on a dock somewhere with a fishing pole trying to reel in the ‘catch of the day’. 

In scripture Jesus refers to us being fishers of men meaning to fish for souls of those who are lost floundering (no pun intended) around in a confusing hurtful world.

The lures you use would be kindness, joy, encouragement, prayer, patience, self control.No real fisherman smacks the unsuspecting fish in the head with a paddle but is patient waiting for the right time. Are you prepared to ‘fish’ for men?

PRAYER:This is another day you have blessed me with to make a difference in this world. Show me who you want me to be kind and reach out to. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment