Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Living For Self And Staying On Vacation


And [Christ] died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. – 2 Corinthians 5:15

It is nice to stay in a comfort zone to let others be in charge and do the work and you can be a helper. Maybe you have stepped down from responsibility and just want to start coasting downhill from here on out but is that what God wants you to do?

You say it is not my giftedness, I don't have time, maybe God is calling someone else. I am too old and perhaps let a younger person do this.Whatever the excuse God can and will use you at any time and at any stage of life. Excuses are a dime a dozen and maybe you feel like you don't want to be in charge, again, but my friend God may be speaking to you to use your gift to reach others and not stay in a cozy comfort zone of peace and contentment. That is not what life is about. 

Are you making a difference in the life of someone, anyone? Maybe it is your family which is where you should have a huge impact but beyond those doors of the home does your life help change someone else's life for the better? Are you using the gifts God gave you as a stay home mom, play group coordinator, grandma, grandpa, teacher, nurse, doctor, counselor, day cay worker, military member, government employee you get the picture. God opens a door for you sometimes pretty clearly and maybe it is time to pray then step on through to help bring others to the Lord. 

PRAYER: Jesus you are my best friend. I often let the enemy keep me procrastinating and making excuses but help me to bloom where I am planted Lord and to listen to wise counsel of those you have placed in my life. Thanks for opportunities to make a difference in my neighborhood, at restaurants, on vacation, at the gym, in the park, at the grocery store .Yes even in pandemic there are ways to reach out. Open my eyes to what you want me to do and use me for your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment