Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Helping Others

 

Not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. Philippians 2:4

 We all get 'down' at times. The best cure for being in the dumps is to find someone to help.

Self pity is super dangerous and not the plan for a believer although most people have probably caught themselves in a pity party. I heard of a book a while back which I think the title was "Helping You is Helping Me" or something like that. It makes lots of sense. When we sit around and mope and feel sorry for ourselves saying "Whoa is me" there is always someone much worse off. We can become big whiners. 

If you are feeling a case of the blues go find someone to cheer up. Nursing home residents, volunteering, taking a friend to lunch, call your mom or dad if still living, or walk around a park and enjoy the scenery and pick up litter even though you don’t have to. Now go have a cheery day!

PRAYER: Oh Lord Jesus help me to stay in the word and in love with praising you then when I do I tend to stay more lifted up. Show me someone to help today. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Click link for a wonderful worship song. http://youtu.be/cIvDCV4e318    

Note: if you are having deep seated issues or thoughts of suicide contact link below.https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment