Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 3, 2023

Stop Shaking Head And Trust God

 


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; in all your ways know him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6


Let’s say you have continually prayed for breakthrough for a family member and months go by and nothing happens then you hear about bad junk and just find yourself shaking your head as if to say “why Lord”. 


You may be doing so well ignoring Satan’s attempts to get you to worry but then the mind goes South so to speak and you may find yourself in tears or wishing you could hang on. 


In the 2022 faith based movie ‘Redeeming Love’ the lead character Michael Hosea played by British actor Tom Lewis was having a similar dilemma when his wife Angel played by actress Abbie Cowan ran away for three years and in 1850 there aren’t phones and such. He wanted to go get her and he prayed “Help me hang on Lord. Help me trust you.” Eventually his patience was rewarded. I think of this much when I am trying to not be impulsive and not wait for God. What do you need to trust God for? 


PRAYER: Lord I need strength to hang on be patient and not say something stupid. I want to let you do your miracles as I trust you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment