Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 17, 2023

Doing This God Thing Alone

 




“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.”

John 15:4–5

I often wonder how many non believers or denominational devoted people run across my devotion. I guess I need to start hash tagging it to help those wandering souls find it. My point is this verse is one of my favorites but shoving it down the throat of someone agnostic towards what the Bible says they can’t do is not going to work. 

The Holy Spirit draws people to Christ nothing else. At a particular moment a person gets it so to speak is because The Holy Spirit is at work in their hearts. 

You may be in a rut and don’t even know it. Many grow up in a certain denomination where you are not taught about resisting the devil or you are not encouraged to memorize scripture. Often I think Satan holds some captive who could get excited for Jesus because they say well I grew up in such a such denomination and was baptized as a baby and many think that’s it. Be courageous enough to really seek Jesus and don’t be afraid to try a non denominational church. Only Satan wants to keep you stuck. Get excited for Jesus! 

PRAYER: Father I am in awe of you but many worship false gods, false religions  and so forth and often get offended if you try to change things. I pray for those who have back slidden who are resisting Holy Spirit's nudge in their lives. We are in spiritual battle. Help touch the hearts of those who feel they are just fine where they are. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment