Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 4, 2020

Blow It Off

 


Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the LORD forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.Colossians 3:12-14

All of us occasionally get our feelings hurt. You are wrongly accused of something you had no part in. A person talks about you behind your back. You get blocked and unfriended on social media? Someone jumps to conclusions and blames you for something. 

As a dear friend of mine used to tell me,”blow it off” and for sure don’t fight back and try to prove your innocence or defend your character. The enemy works overtime to stoke fires of anger, discontent, gossip and loves feuds. Your emotions may get the best of you so hold your tongue and be still when people accuse you of things. 

Ask God to take away any upset feeling you may have toward any individual who wrongly blamed you for something. Forgive and let it go. Running your race to win means you have to give up wanting to nurse hurt feelings or argue and be strong in the Lord.Blow it off, pray, and let it go.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I thank you for the gift of emotions. Help me learn how to react when I am hurt by someone a stranger or someone close to me. Help me also keep a guard on my mouth so I don’t say something I would regret. In Jesus’ name.Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment