Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Salt And Light



You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.” Matthew 5:13-14
Did you know as a believer you are to be shining the light of Jesus and seasoning the world around you? If you light a candle and put it under a basket there will be no light similarly if you eat food without salt it does not taste very good but is bland. 

Are you shining the light of Jesus in your workplace, neighborhood, in a park or playground, on the phone to telemarketers, at a local business because you may be the only hope for some to have the love of Jesus shared with them. Your attitude speaks volumes so keep that in mind even while driving and being cut off. I used to tell my husband that being kind was part of the MO(marching orders) of a Christian and you never know when the person you were rude to might show up at the door of the church where you greet or park cars as that was what my husband and I did at our last church before moving recently. 

Are you ashamed of telling others you love Jesus? It is easy when you are in a Holy Huddle to name the name of Jesus but what about out on the highways and streets and in everyday life. Don’t be a secret service Christian. Now go shake some salt and shine some light wherever you are going today. 

PRAYER: I am very thankful to have a Bible and some have numerous Bibles. Help me not neglect picking it up and letting it impact my life and the lives of those I come into contact with by absorbing the truth in the Word of God. Forgive me if I have ever hidden the light you want shined. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment