Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Turn TV Off, Turn To God!


“Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away.” Hebrews 2:1

I have many friends who either don’t have a TV or don’t take cable. More power to them for avoiding this object that can be a major time waster and monopolize family time. I guess you could add the small screens in your life as well as they are time wasters as well. True both can be used to watch Christian things but my point being is how much time do you give to The Lord each day?

Now not meaning to guilt anyone. Was told recently I do guilt over things at times and never intend to intentionally. Just wanting you to take inventory of things you do in your life and their value for eternity. Not wanting to make your day into the type of day you feel obligated to give Jesus time but to hope your heart is changed and you truly want to. 

Perhaps you don’t know where to begin and the Bible seems overwhelming. My recommendation is to read the chapter in Proverbs that corresponds to the day of of the week it is since there are 31 days. Whatever you do just know God is not there standing over you saying “that is not enough” but just loves to have your attention. Do yourself a favor and make tomorrow the day you put King Jesus first.

PRAYER:This is the day you have made and often I forget to even say thank you for all my blessings. May the Holy Spirt convict my heart daily and regularly about giving you first place. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment