Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, November 4, 2019

Grumpy Is As Grumpy Does



Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.John 14:27
Recently on an early morning flight and in process of conversing with the female passenger in seat beside me an irritated woman in the row behind us asked us to not talk so loud then went on to say out loud “I guess I need my ear plugs” which floored both myself and girl I was next to.

There are different personality types and everyone is not going to be your best friend. Some folks are not people persons so chattering at any time irritates them. Not hearing that well, but think the girl next to me said “we need to pray” as apparently this was a first for her as well. Instantly a devotion on getting along with others came to mind.

By no means should we intentionally irritate someone and in this case even though no rule was being broken during this pre flight scenario at o dark thirty, I felt it my Christian duty to settle down and let lady have her way. Particularly since I was a standby and in a round about way represented the airline. It is our job to diffuse anger and not let it boil over. Even in your personal life you may have situations where you feel like putting on the boxing gloves and going at it but my friend it is essential you be still. So today if you encounter an angry person be the bigger person and be still.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I know at times I do things to irritate others so help me learn from mistakes and move on. Help me be kind to others who may be bothered by me and simply pray for them. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment