Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Being Still In A Frantic World


“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46:10

Recently I awakened to right jaw pain and mild chest pain, searching frantically for my Bayer baby aspirin I keep with me at all times for episodes such as this. I got a tad freaked out then I sat and rested and was fine.

As much as a person with chest and jaw pain fears a heart attack and searches for their ‘calm pill’ so much more you and I need to search for God and dive deeper into a relationship with him. The world and its distractions can wait. What if you gave as much time being with the Lord as you do mundane things that are not important for eternity.

Sit and be still. Take a breath. Breathe in, breathe out. Clear your mind. Stay off social media. Relax. Grab your Bible. Read Psalms. Now don’t you feel better?
Now go out and make a difference in the world around you. 

PRAYER: Thank you for the many ways I can achieve peace in a chaotic world. Sitting by a stream, going to the countryside, taking a walk, watching birds, your creation abounds with peaceful scenarios which you created. Give me the ability to be still when the world wants me to go crazy. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment