Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Green Eyed Monster



Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep. Romans 12:15

Jealousy stinks and should have no place in a believers life yet it is so easy to fall into. It is because the enemy likes division and he gets people comparing and feeling left out. 

It could be various scenarios such as envy of someone’s life and what they own. It could be between in-laws comparing time they get to spend with grown children and grandchildren. It could be trying to read someone’s mind and overreacting to something that is not even real. Possibly a family member seems to have it better than you and you covet their life. Another person has a better job and you feel your life is measly in comparison. Jealousy and comparison are carnal reactions from the bowels of Hell. 

Replace the urge to feel jealous with gratitude, love, joy, peace, mercy, grace, and your life will be much better. Understand Satan comes to tear people’s lives apart and when you start to feel jealous of another stop right then and ask God to show you love instead and say “Satan get away from my mind and heart in Jesus name”. Now go be happy for the person you seemingly were envious of. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I am indeed grateful for what I have and where I am in life. I ask forgiveness for the times I have overreacted and acted jealous and even verbalized it to another. Help me Lord to always be grateful and to show love to those I would tend to be jealous of. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment