Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, November 8, 2019

I Just Like Smiling...Do You?


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

Sometimes it can be easy to slump into a pity party. Your thinking is messed up or as Bible teacher Joyce Meyer calls it, ‘stinking thinking’ and you can easily get into a rut. I have the perfect solution. Start smiling! Yes you heard me. 

There is always someone worse off than you are and not that makes your situation any less hurtful but smiling can certainly make you feel better and those who you happen to give a smile too. I sat recently at Kroger’s in my local community at the Starbucks watching employees getting off their shift. I just kept smiling at them as they left. Maybe some thought I had a mental illness but I would say yes, I am mentally happy and have the joy of the Lord. The man or woman who cleans the bathrooms probably doesn’t feel much joy so lift them up with a smile. Do what you can to make people’s jobs easier. 

Smiling is a gift from God and He never intends us to stay bowed down and depressed. Junk happens to make people sad and it is a normal emotion but for those of us not going through horrendous losses and hurt right now why not crack a smile on that beautiful or handsome face God created and and make someone’s day a little more happy. 

PRAYER: I am thankful for emotions. I have had rough days and others have lifted me up so help me to remember the simple gesture of a smile might change someone’s day. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment