Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, November 21, 2019

No Man Or Woman Can Control The Tongue



But  no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. James 3:8

If only there was a way to control the mouth. So much conflict, discord, misunderstanding and hurt could be avoided. The tongue is full of poison as it says in the scripture above. 

Tips on speaking would be to think before you speak. Don’t try to get the last word it does not really matter. Use your mouth to be kind, loving and even say things like “I am sorry” and “you were right”. Also try praising people instead of condemning them. When you want to say an ugly comment pray instead. 

As your momma probably once said “if you can’t find something good to say say nothing at all” is probably a good thing to remember on a regular basis whether with friends, strangers, or at work. Remember to let your words bring joy not pain and anger to others. 

PRAYER: Thank you for the gift of being able to talk. What a blessing it is and there are some who can’t. Forgive me when I have said something I wish I had not. Give me wisdom in my communication with others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment