Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

WHO MADE YOU THE JUDGE?

 

When you point your finger at someone look and see that there are four fingers pointing back at you. None of us are perfect. We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23). It is easy for us to look and judge others. I battled this for a long time. I had a issue once where I used to comment every time someones cell phone went off in church not realizing it may be an accident. I was self righteous in my thinking that 'look at me, I do not take my cell phone in church" then lo and behold one unsuspecting Sunday morning a few years back a ring was heard from a phone. It was New Years break so my sons were home. My younger son said ,"Mom I think that is your phone ". I shook my head no but the tune of Auld Lang Syne continued to play. So I unzipped my purse to realize yes in fact it was me. I shrunk down in my seat as glaring eyes pierced me with the same thinking I used to do to people. I wanted to shout, "It was an accident for crying out loud!" The minister did not know whose phone it was but said to me, "Hey I am getting to the best part of my sermon so hold up your phone so your friend can hear." Oh man that made it worse. I later told him in an email I was sorry. But my point is this. We do not know why a person is doing something or acting a certain way. And even if they are in a sin blatantly or doing something as simple as a cell phone goof up we are not to be judges.
Matthew 7:1-2 says, "“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.  For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

PRAYER: Thankyou Father that you alone are the judge. We are not to be critical of others but are to show love and compassion. Help us have an understanding heart and give us compassion for others. In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment