Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

ROCK AND ROLL

Rocking and rolling was what I was doing  earlier this evening  at about  35000 feet altitude. As I sit here and work on my Monday devotion it has been a day of airports and flying for me. I love to fly. I am blessed with the benefits I get from Delta that allow me to go many places. But there are times I have to truly trust God to get me back on the ground. I consider myself a courageous person but when you are sitting in a hollow metal tube at 35000 feet in a pretty severe wind with a storm going on outside the window you are truly feel helpless and can only pray. Also this is where we count on the skills and  training of the pilot and the first officer in the cockpit.ALso this is where I say thank goodness for radar and the skills of air traffic controllers as well. Right now I can hear the wind really loud outside my living room door as I am typing. It is still very windy. My  weather radio indicates a tornado warning.

Flying is amazing.Those brave men and women who become pilots are amazing. (I have two licensed pilots in my family and one who would if he had time.) Many people are scared to fly. I am not, I love it  but I do get a few frightful moments when unable to see outside the window due to clouds or when the plane is bouncing around a bit. I was thinking about this tonight as I thought about God and his creation. He is all powerful. He is the creator of heaven and earth. He is mighty in power and awesome indeed.  The sound of the wind was mighty. Wind can be good or it can frighten us depending on if it is hurricane force or not. Deuteronomy 10:17 says " For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes."

The lyrics to the old hymn How Great Thou Art say it well. Here they are. This was written by Carl Boberg.
"O Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made, I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
 Thy power throughout the universe displayed, Then sings my soul, my Savior God to thee; How great thou art, how great thou art!"
God truly is all poweful and great. How can people not believe in God when they see the wonders of creation?

PRAYER: Father I thank you for all of your creation and your awesome power. I thank you for your guiding hand in our daily lives. Help those who do not know you Lord look around and see the things you have made on earth for us to enjoy. We are grateful and praise your name. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment