Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, November 22, 2010

CHILDREN ARE A GIFT FROM THE LORD

28 years ago today I gave birth to my very first baby, a son ,who we named Matthew which means 'gift of God". He was and is a true blessing and gift from God. Many people struggle to have babies and yet others throw them away like garbage. Life is to be respected. God says the "fruit of the womb is his reward" (Psalm 127:3). There will be many journeys with your children. Sadly I have had some friends whose children died before their time to cancer, accidents, or other illnesses .It is very sad and hard to understand or explain.

We raise our children to love the Lord, respect authority, be kind and honorable, remain pure and a host of other traits. But sometimes even with the best of our intentions things go wrong. a prodigal son or daughter appears on the scene. We pray and do not lose heart(Luke 18:1) that the verse in Proverbs 22:6  about training up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it will be a promise we will see fulfilled.

In your spare time read Deuteronomy Chapter 6 which is about raising up your children. Our children are special to us . We do not want them in the enemies grasp. I know I even prayed from before birth about who they would marry someday and for that person as well.  God hears and he cares. "For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him: Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there" 1 Samuel 1:27-28. That verse basically says our children are not ours, but are on loan from God to raise for Him.Pretty powerful I would say.

I have been in Moms in Touch International prayer ministry since 1996 (http://www.momsintouch.org/) and their key verse is from Lamentations 2:19 which reads, "Arise, cry out in the night, as the watches of the night begin; pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord. Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children, who faint from hunger at the head of every street." Another group I was never a part of but is vital for moms of preschoolers is MOPS which stand for mothers of  preschoolers.Their website is http://www.mops.org/. Stay connected and stay with other moms for support, encouragement and prayer.

A few years ago when I was out to lunch as a family in Birmingham I had some concerns of my sons following the Lord and God showed me a license plate in the parking lot of the restaurant to give me peace. I do not see this auto tag as an 'accident' but as a "God thing" and as a way to assure me that all was well and things would work out The verse was  3 John 4 which reads "I have no greater joy to hear that my children are walking in the truth."

PRAYER: Father we thank you this day for the gift of life and for the special children you have knit together in their mothers wombs. Help us see our children as true blessings and gifts from you. For those struggling with a prodigal help them to not give up hope and keep praying and believing. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment