Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

RETURN TO GOD

This morning when cleaning out a purse I  had carried to a wedding last night I found a small plastic card I had never seen before. It had on it the Bible verse "Return to me with all your heart" from Joel 2:12. Wow I said! This is a God thing. Maybe I had seen it before years ago and placed it in there and forgot about it but nevertheless it was a reminder that God does want us to love him with the same love that we had for him when we accepted Christ into our hearts.
How about you? Do you have a zeal and hunger for God and the things of God? In Revelation 3:16 it says "because you are lukewarm I will spit you out of my mouth. " Now that is pretty graphic. Do we punch a Sunday 'go to meeting ticket' and that is that for the rest of the week or are we sincere in loving God with our whole heart"?(See Mark 12:30). Do you hunger for God's word?(Matthew 5:6) Just like physical food which we require to keep our bodies alive, we need spiritual food if we expect to keep God's spirit growing inside of us. How do we get this? By reading God's word and meditating upon it.(See Psalm 119:11).

Psalm 51:10-12 says " Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. "

PRAYER: Lord God help me today to walk with you and do the things that please you. Help me Lord to hunger for your word and be thirsty for the things that will help me grow in Christ. Remove those things from my life that are hindering my walk with you. In Jesus Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment