Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

FORGET THE PAST,LOOK TO THE FUTURE

It is so tempting to continually look back at what was or what could have been particularly when you are in a situation you wish you could change. The Bible talks in several places about not looking back. When Sodom and Gomorah were being destroyed due to their sin in Genesis Chapter 19 Lot's wife was asked to move on and not look back. Well you know the story. She looked back and turned into a pillar of salt. That is enough to bring nightmares isn't it?

Phillipians 3:13 says "No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead," There is nothing you can do to change the past. It is gone and behind you and no "Back to the Future" Delorean time machine is going to whisk you back in time. Isaiah 43:18-19 says “Forget the former things;do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."

Whatever is troubling you give it to God. He cares for you and wants you to look to the hope of the future and new possibilities .God gives us a new hope so you do not need to despair. The future is in His hands. Jeremiah 29:11-13 says " For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

PRAYER: Lord Jesus help us to not worry. Worry about the past is futile. It is gone and never can be brought back. Help us look to the future and the things you have in store for us. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment