Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Sound Mind?



“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” 2Timothy 1:7(KJV). 

Are you of sound mind meaning you don’t allow your mind to go crazy conjuring up all sorts of things?

Have you ever heard of taking a fast from wrong thinking? That is what I am doing right now or trying to. When I made this my goal during 21 Days of Prayer today being day 7, the enemy knows it is my weak area so all kinds of random comparison thoughts came into my mind. It started on day 4 with a simple phone call my friend telling me she was going to London. Immediately there went my mind and feeling cheated. Wait Becky you are fasting from stuff like this so stop it and move on!

First of all besides keeping my mind focused on above (Philippians 4:8) I need to be grateful I could even afford to go on any trip much less overseas. Many could never imagine that. The whole point is my mind wasn’t acting in a sound manner when all of a sudden I became discontent. Had to repent and ask God to give me a grateful heart and sound mind. 

PRAYER: I am happy Lord and joyful and it makes Satan mad. How he hates when we go through things and still remain joyful. Help me Lord to stay positive and hopeful and get clutter and unnecessary stinking thinking out of my mind. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment