Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, January 12, 2024

Can You Silence Distractions?



 And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.1 Corinthians 7:35

Just like you can have a cluttered home you also can have a cluttered mind with things coming at from everywhere and you having to decide what is necessary and what you can do without. Even things like non stop noise from devices, radios, TV’s, and so forth. 

How can you have true peace when you can’t step back from distractions and simply talk to God in prayer? This week I have been participating online in 21 Days Of Prayer and Fasting from Alabama’s Church of the Highlands. Monday 1000 churches across the US were live streaming which in Mountain Time Zone is 5 a.m.www.churchofthehighlands.com and then click 21 Days of Prayer. A great way to begin the year here on the 12th day. 

You can be so distracted that you have a hard time discerning and hearing the voice of God. Satan loves distracted people because they have little time to pursue a relationship with the Lord. Could you use a reset when it comes to being still and saying no to distractions?

PRAYER:Lord God I want to order my life so it is a life of less confusion and me thinking I have to fill up every waking moment to prove myself. Help me Lord to discern when to sit back and say no. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment