Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Bring Back The Hummingbirds

 Sep 6, 23 Devotion-




Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Matthew 6:26 NKJV Bible Gateway 

Depending on where you live and the outdoor temperatures and season of the year, it is nice to sit in a shaded area and watch the antics of God’s little flying wonder, the hummingbird. Of course these beautiful creatures are seasonal but what an air show they put on. 

Recently I was relaxing on my back patio when a hummingbird came within inches of my face. It was very exciting. Hummingbirds flit about dancing in the wind and soaring from yard to yard. They aren’t hassled by priorities, bills, family problems, lack of money but simply fly and bring pleasure to those observing them. 

Whatever is troubling you today my friend take a lesson from the birds who seemingly have not a care in the world. Trust God, surrender your cares to Him. If you are convicted by the Holy Spirit about getting off course move on back into the huddle with fellow believers who are there not to judge but to lift you up. 

PRAYER: Sometimes I feel like I am standing alone fighting my battle but yet I know you Lord care for me and are working to bring about your glory. Thanks for providing little hummingbirds that bring delight while I ponder your greatness. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment