Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Trust God With Your Pain



And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.1 Peter 5:10

The pain I am referring to is emotional pain that is a result of changes in life that you can’t understand. Recently I woke up and felt like I couldn’t even get out of bed. My husband said “Are you depressed” and yes I guess I was. 

How do overcome discouragement? You may not feel up to diving into the word of God but why not talk to Alexa or your Echo dot and say “Alexa play K Love radio” and hear praise music to lift your spirits. 

A huge way to get out of the doldrums is to look for ways to help others. Make it happen. Cook a meal. Ring a Salvation Army bell. Buy gifts for a needy family. Write a note to a friend or neighbor and mail it, yes with a stamp. Make God lift you up and set your feet to dancing! 

PRAYER: I thank you Lord for creating sunshine to brighten the world and lift my spirits. Shine on me so in turn I can shine in another’s life. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment