Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Peace On Earth? Far From It!

 



And she gave birth to her firstborn son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.Luke 2:7

Beginning in late October the frenzy of Thanksgiving and Christmas begins, actually in August if you want to count merchants who already have decorations out. I don’t know about you but all the chaotic activity takes away from the true meaning of Christmas that being the birth of our savior Jesus Christ. 

Jesus doesn’t get much mention. He is drowned about by office parties, movies, decorating, bazaars, lights, craft fairs, cookie baking, gingerbread houses, concerts and all those nice activities we think must be squeezed in an already chaotic schedule to make it special. 

How about trying to make Christmas really about Him. I’d say this might be hard for some who like the idea of snowmen and reindeer way better than getting too ‘religious’. Nothing has to be done so relax. Go donate to the Salvation Army red kettle campaign and keep it up the other 11 months. Find some family who needs help. Make it bigger than about red and green. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus this coming December 25 I want to celebrate you not 10000 other things that have little to do with a babe in a manger. Direct my heart to be filled with the joy this season brings. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: You have said this so very well. Earlier in my life I have found myself completely worn out by the time that Christmas arrived. Now, I just do what I can and let Jesus direct me to the activities He wants me to enjoy. (I usually have a sinus infection sometime in December that hangs on.)

    ReplyDelete