Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 4, 2024

Joyful Heart Or Crushed Spirit?


“A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” Proverbs 17:22 ESV

Recently I wrote about Joy and I like this one church in my area that has a sign on building that says “How is your joy meter” and that is a good question. 

What exactly causes a crushed spirit? It could be many things. Perhaps dwelling on negative things you can do anything about. 

Maybe it is wrong or stinking thinking. Being ignore or shunned. Many times in our new culture it can be caused by social media. 

Try to get away from what is pulling you down, and if able go outside without your cellular device and just praise God and talk to Him. Comparison often is a joy robber. Don’t try to emulate everyone you think is happy and successful. Emulate a Christ follower and you should have joy. 

PRAYER: I love you Lord and I often let situations I can not control make my heart heavy. Help me to continually break strongholds and pray. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment