Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Hope Is All Over The Bible

 


..and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.Romans 5:5 NAS Bible Gateway

I was asked or challenged I guess you could say to show someone where it mentioned hope in the Bible. Hope is found in several verses. It is a key concept in the Bible. 

Hope is not just wishful thinking but it is according to scripture about what God has promised. It is the assurance of God’s promises. 

The following are four verses where hope is mentioned:
  1. Romans 12:12 - "Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer."
  2. Romans 15:13 - "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost."
  3. Psalm 130:5 - "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope."
  4. Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."
Satan of course does not want a believer to have hope but to instead have doubt and despair. My friend always hold on to hope “calling those things as not as though they were” as it says in Romans 4:17.

PRAYER: Today I am grateful for having the word of God to give me hope and sustain me daily. My heart breaks for any who have lost hope. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment