Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Are You Prideful?

 

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18
“No not me” you might say but what exactly is pride as it is classified as a bad thing in God’s Word. It could be excessive concern over others thinking you don’t qualify or aren’t good enough. Or excessive self esteem to the point of acting haughty.
Think of being too prideful to stoop down and help someone from another economic status than yourself. Pride can in fact lead to a fall.
You are never to toot your own horn or get in someone’s face but instead to seek ways to lift others up and bring glory to God.
PRAYER: Father God I need you each day to help keep me from acting like I too big for my britches. Help me to remember to reach out to others without wanting anything in return. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment