Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, November 19, 2018

Spiritually Dressing


Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Colossians 3:12
Each and every day you get up and look in your closet and probably don’t think you have anything to wear when in fact it is bulging with clothes. Eventually you have to select an outfit, accessorize yourself, apply makeup for ladies, and do your hair. This ritual is time  consuming and doesn’t really matter for eternity. You want to look ‘put together ‘ for the world outside your front door.

Do you spend that much time dressing your spirit man? By this I mean reading the Bible, meditating on God’s word, writing in your journal, praying, and listening to Christian music. I am ashamed to say I know I don’t always but need to! Put on good stuff and take off bad stuff.

Clothe yourself with kindness, goodness, mercy, forgiving spirit, peace, and  love. To do this and it to be common place you need to get into a habit. You read the word daily and concentrate on certain verses or ‘hide’ a verse in your heart to think about during the course of your day. Soon spiritually dressing becomes common place. Give it a try!

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I want to wake up and not run for the morning shows but to run for and to you. I know distractions will occur but help me as I seek to develop this morning ritual. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment