Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, November 23, 2018

Giving Up Your Right To Be Right



Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

 Recently I was challenged and for a few moments slipped back into the carnal Becky mode. It was due to a service failure at a major hotel chain and the rude condescending attitude of the manager blaming us for stuff we did not do. Most the time I blow stuff off but every now and then I slip up. Thankfully it was over the phone and not face to face. Instead of forgetting it, forgiving even the undeserving, you may want to hang on to make your point. Never wise and not Christlike.

Who knows maybe that was my test to see if I had graduated from this issue. Apparently not quite. Are you struggling in a similar situation wanting to get the last word or prove you are right? In the big scheme of things does it really matter? Philippians 4:7 says “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
When you want to pop a cork take a breath, a chill pill, and let it go. Proving a point never wins very many friends or brownie points. When you are tempted to slip into a wrong attitude and hurt your witness, step back and ask God to help you move on and let it go. Set the godly example to a hurting fallen world.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus forgive me for any time I have tried to prove a point whether to a stranger or my spouse or anyone else. Help me realize I am on call for you 24-7 no matter what the situation. Give me the strength to stay cool. In Jesus’ name.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment