Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Snacking On Jesus?


Because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold  I will spit you out of my mouth. Revelation 3:16

Are you serious about your relationship with the Almighty or are you satisfied with a snack here and there? By this I mean you go to church, maybe take your children to VBS when it rolls around and listen to Christian radio, recite the Rosary, say a prayer or two,  but things of the Lord beyond that are not a priority. Jesus is a hobby or a snack not a full course meal.
 Reading and studying the Word of God is vital to growing closer to Him and learning to be more like Him. How do you learn to operate machinery unless you read the owners manual. The Bible is our owners manual that takes you beyond snack food.  You should desire meat not milk it says in 1 Corinthians 3:2.

Do you want to spiritually starve yourself? I know most of us make sure we eat when we are hungry. Are you hungry for God? Ask the Holy Spirit to put that desire in you and stop snacking. 

 PRAYER: I want to know you more Lord. I don’t want to be lukewarm but on fire and closer to you. Forgive me when I lag behind and hardly give you any time. Help me as I seek to schedule my day around you.In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment