Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Stop Having Headline Hysteria



Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.Matthew 6:34

Are you more focused on the days’ breaking news and headlines than you are trusting God to give you peace? You can’t expect to grow in Christ if you are constantly bombarding your thoughts with the hysteria which is the main stream news. Why do you need to know anyway and how will your life be better,  ask yourself that. 

We are to be in the world but not of the world. Someone told me once I was too ‘spiritual’ and needing to get back to the real world. Our job as followers of Christ is to lead others to Christ and come along side all people and help them. I heard somewhere once that you preach and if necessary use words. Ponder that. 

How can you make your day better? I suggest start with morning devotions from the You Version Bible Ap. Don’t run to turn on the TV unless you plan to maybe watch Daystar or Trinity Broadcasting. Stay off social media. Give it a try. I imagine after doing this a few days you will be refreshed and have a new habit started. 

PRAYER: Lord thank you for my mind and my brain and the ability to think and reason. Give me wisdom on what type of things I let into my mind. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment