Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Vending Machine Christianity



Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. Colossians 4:2

Pastor James Macdonald of Walk in The Word TV and Vertical Church in Chicago, 
did a series on faith where the believer was not really serious only going through quick motions to check off the block. He gave the example of grabbing a snack here and there but pointing out that you would not want to constantly live on vending machine snacks.

God has given his best by giving us His Son so why do we have such a hard time giving Him five minutes? This is why I recommend DAWG days (Day alone with God) where you purposely get away to a park where it is quiet, without your phone and just give God praise and glory which he so greatly deserves. 

Don't give up on God just because a prayer is not answered. Be fervent in prayer not just casual. Persist, press on, and give God quality time. Prayer also changes the person praying so don't rush through it and get specific. God wants to hear your heart. Go beyond the 'God is great God is good' prayer and get serious with God. 

PRAYER: Lord I need you or I need you. Every hour I need you. Forgive  me when I have been lazy in my daily prayers. Forgive me when I have not stood up for you Lord. I choose fervent prayer. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Becky: This is such a touching post. Thank you for it. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete