Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Prayer Walk Wherever You Are


I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Joshua 1:3
Prayer walking is simply the act of walking and praying at the same time. Usually for a specific thing such as the area you are walking in. Obviously you would be praying silently if many people are around but you would remain constantly in an attitude of prayer. You can prayer walk your school campus, the nation’s Capitol, around your home, in your neighborhood, in front of the city building, near an abortion clinic. Be creative and wherever there is a need just go walking and praying. Don’t enter property that says ‘no trespassing’ though. 
You can also pray ‘while you walk’ except not necessarily for where you are walking at that time. Focus on the beauty of nature around you, your freedoms, and what God is doing in your life or life of a loved one. If you see a police car go by pray for them and a law abiding society. When you look up in the sky and see a plane pray for the safety of those on board and the skills of the pilot and crew. You probably get the idea. 
The Holy Spirit directs you in this endeavor. Prepare your heart ahead of time by your own private time in prayer and scripture reading. Ask God to remove any wrong attitudes or thinking and direct your heart on things above. Kind of hard to be mad, upset,and worried when focusing on God. Now go pray on! 
PRAYER: Oh Father God my heart yearns for you in a dry weary land. When the pressures of life seem overwhelming help me remember you are only a prayer away. Help me not just think of my own needs but give me creative ideas for prayer walking. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I have been involved in a time of praying as I rode along in a car. I have also prayed as I drove. We live on a street that, at the end, has a hospital and two nursing homes. We hear sirens at odd hours. Fire vehicles and ambulances make use of our street as needed. I always try to pray for the circumstance that caused someone to need their services.

    ReplyDelete