Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A SIMPLE SMILE


Look around you! Is there anyone you see who could use a smile? Often all it takes is a smile to lift someone's spirit. Go about your day and note the looks on people's faces. Maybe some are legitimately "down" but others just are seemingly sad. It takes very little effort to smile at someone. Such a small gesture could truly brighten a person's day.

Why do we go around frowning anyway? Do you yourself feel joyful? Psalm 28:7(NIV) says 'The Lord is my strength and my shield my heart trusts in Him and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy and with my song I praise Him.'

If we are to try to emulate Christ I am pretty certain He is full of joy. The enemy of our souls, Satan, is the author of all things bad and he is a joy stealer and a counterfeit. He will lie to you to make you think certain wrong things are right and fill you with false happiness. Only though Jesus and truth is their real joy. Psalm 16:11(NIV) says 'You make known to me the path of life and you will fill me with joy in your presence.with eternal pleasures at your right hand.'

So do you feel joy in your soul and can you share that through your smile with those around you?

PRAYER: Today Lord I thank you for another day of life. I thank you for all the blessings in my life. I thank you for joy only you can give. I choose to walk in joy today. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment