Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 20, 2026

Dealing With Retirement?

“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” – Ephesians 2:10 NIV

The late Pastor Charles Stanley used to say retirement was not a concept found in the Bible and indeed it is more of a man made concept to retire at 55 or 65 and then what? 

My husband entered that phase recently but he wants to work but has not been called upon to work on any more government contracts right now. He is super talented and has hobbies but what if you have no goals or gifts then what? 

You can’t assume you can just travel the world, golf, hang out with grandchildren all the time, go non stop camping or hiking but you have to be realistic. Finding a way to serve others expecting nothing in return helps. I was not in a job long enough to retire as my years I would have worked I was a stay home mom. 

Above all don’t let the comparison monster get you because it has reared its ugly head in my life many times. Every one is different. Seek God first and be still. If you want to get a job by all means don’t let your age stop you. I joke saying I want to be a 72 year old flight attendant and I know I could do it just would get lots of stares like where did you put the young flight attendant. Get involved in ministry. Samaritans Purse has many opportunities and there are other groups. Think beyond yourself and ask God to use you 

PRAYER: Help me Father look beyond myself. Open doors of opportunities for service to your kingdom. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment