Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Discouraged?

 


Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:11 NIV
Bible Gateway

Many things can discourage you or give you a case of the blues. It is part of life. 

Losing a family member or friend to death is one that comes to mind for me right now. It is a period of adjusting and grieving and focusing on the new normal whether thrilled with it or not. Discouragement also of losing a job or not being able to find a job can affect you. 

The main thing is to stay focused on the goodness of God. God is good even in our sad times. God is there and He just wants you to trust Him in the days ahead and not try to figure out the whys of life. 

PRAYER: Father emotions are part of life but I need your help to not let them control me and to focus on joy in hard times as well as not so hard. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment