Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 28, 2018

Could You Be A Foot Washer?


I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet. So you also should wash one another’s feet. I have given you an example. You should do as I have done for you.
 - John 13:14-15

The act of washing someone’s feet is truly humbling. Jesus washed the disciples feet and some of them were reluctant. Feet are private and personal to many people. Some of my friends don’t even want to get a pedicure cause someone is going to have to touch their feet. 
Feet can be ugly, bony, rough, ragged, hard, stinky and all in all not something you want a stranger to mess with. To do this humble act of servant hood Jesus’ set an example for his disciples that they too should go wash others feet and be servants. I have never witnessed a foot washing at a wedding but have heard of it and what a marvelous way to humble yourself before your soon to be life partner and those witnessing your wedding. 

Do you think you could wash a homeless person’s feet or even someone you know?  This would be really an act of service. Think of ways you could be of service to both strangers and those you know. Have a blessed day.

PRAYER: Help me Lord not to always think of myself but to know I am here for a far greater purpose. Give me creative ideas of how I can serve others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment