Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Purify My Heart Lord



           Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.        Psalm 51:10

Many of us could stand a good 'heart transplant'. In other words you may have allowed things to creep in to your heart that tend to make you treat others poorly, think wrong thoughts, hold ill will, and a host of other things. What is needed is a pure heart set apart to be Holy and love the Lord and things on the Lord. 

You all know the story of King David committing adultery and then murder because of Bathsheba. Out of this really bad  stuff, flows the Psalms which is full of rich teaching, truth, and wisdom for all. Your heart can deceive you and can let things in that should not be there. 

The Psalm above is something everyone should recite allot. If your heart has caused you to do wicked things it is time for a new heart renewed by Jesus. Often when you are at your lowest point is when God grabs your attention. Where are you at today friend? 

PRAYER: I want to be set apart to serve you Lord. Help me as I seek to guard my heart from things that would be impure or unholy. I choose to discipline myself for righteousness sake. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment