Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Be Nice To Everyone


For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. Romans 12:3

Recently when out and about,  I struck up a conversation with a gentleman at a coffee shop. I had seen him several times before so know his first name. On this conversation I am not sure why, but he asked me about my family. When he found out I had been in the military he was very impressed. I asked him if he had been in and he said no because "I am classified as a slow learner and not eligible." He is a very kind person but one who many in society would ignore because of the way he dressed or his lack of education. 

God wants us to be kind to everyone no matter what their station in life. When he asked if I was a sergeant in the military I was not about to say "No I was an officer" but I simply stated I did supply type jobs and left it at that. I told him I had no desire for a career as I wanted to be a stay home mom. I was kind to him and he finally said he had to go back to work. A chance encounter...I doubt it. 

Sometimes we may be afraid to smile at people or go out of our way to a avoid them. There are hurting people all around us who would just like someone to talk to or smile back at them. You never know just how your kindness will impact another life. 

PRAYER: Help me be alert to opportunities to be nice to people even when I may not be feeling 100%. Give me more opportunities to show your love to others I encounter each day to include those in my own family. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment