Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, December 4, 2015

Cast Your Care On Him


Cast all your anxieties on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
I am not just preaching to the crowds here but I am writing this for myself right now. I have experienced my Google account being disabled and consequently as of 26 October 2015 had a break in the cycle of my blogs on blogspot and to my email recipients. I was able to copy and post what still showed up on my IPAD screen, but could not access it through my laptop. I was angry. I shed many tears. I did not act very grownup. I did not act like I trusted God to help me through. For the first time in 6 years I was unable to get my writing out nor was I able to check my email. Back to the 'Little House On The Prairie' days I went. It was as if an electronic pulse had shut down electronics. Life will go on and people will go on without my writing but would I survive the momentary lapse?  So truly the verse I gave today has to apply to me and I have to live it out.

Life gives us many tests and this temporary glitch was one of my little tiny trials to see how I handled it. Not so great at first to be honest, but as the day wore on and moved into two days, I came to the realization that life was going to go on one way or the other and fretting and fuming over it changed nothing. What do I tell others to do with similar issues in their life? Trust God and pray. Did I take my own medicine at first? No I did not. Then I made up my mind to resist the enemy and blow it off. Satan was not going to get the upper hand in this battle. 

Where are you today and what trials are you facing in your life? You may feel they will never end but really they will. Hang in there and hang on to God. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. All things will be okay. 

PRAYER: There is a hymn that says "Only Trust Him, Only Trust Him, Only Trust Him Now" and that is what I intend to do. Help me when I am tempted to run for the hills so to speak to lean on you and know that this too shall pass. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment