Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mommy's Are Super!!


For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13

Most of the stories we hear of Mother's Day are wonderful happy stories of how much people love their moms. There are those individuals out there who this day is difficult for,  for a variety of reasons. Maybe their mom just died and this is the first Mother's Day without her. Perhaps their is bitterness over rejection by a mother. An Abortive mother may have deep wounds. Some who are adopted often times wonder why their mom 'didn't like them and keep them'. Not all families are like the 1950's TV Ozzie And Harriet scenario.

But those families who are blessed to have their moms and have warm fuzzy feelings this is a great day. Motherhood is challenging from birth even through adulthood. Many lessons to learn and keep learning. All these different stages to pass through and hopefully come out with flying colors. Oh for the love of hearing from your children how much they love you and appreciate all you did for them growing up. For those who do, it is heart warming.

Take time today if your mom is alive to call her if she is far away. Visit her if she is near. Above all tell her thank you for all the things she did to get you where you are today. Children indeed are a gift and moms and dads are super gifts. 

PRAYER: I thank you for my mom and for giving me birth. I thank you for where I am because of her. I ask you to bless my mom today and let her feel your presence. I ask you comfort those whose moms have passed away. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment