Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

I'M FATHOMING!


For just a while I am focusing on the "love chapter" 1 Corinthians 13 because who of us does not need to have the ability to love more in their life? I know I do. I am not perfect so I read on and learn more of what it means to love. Today the focus is on verse two of Chapter 13 the New International Version.
'If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. So let's imagine for a moment that I have written hundreds of books but yet I treat my fellow man with hatred and disdain. What good would my writing be if I could not practice what I wrote about? If I can not display true Christian love all the Bible degrees in the world or spiritual gifts a person has are worthless, or at least that is what I feel this is saying.
How about you? Are you able to love even those hard to love bosses? Maybe a person whose personality is just not like yours? Let's say someone who won't friend you back on Facebook? I am sure you can think of other examples. Today challenge yourself to make 2014 the year you purpose to truly "walk in love"!
PRAYER: Love is a word that gets thrown around lots. Love is important, very important. I choose this day to be a lover, not a hater. Help me to find ways to live those I would rather hate. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment