Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

PUT DOWN THAT CYMBAL!!


How many of you are familiar with 1 Corinthians 13? Affectionately referred to by many as the "love chapter" in the Bible it has a wealth of information that would save all sorts of relationships if only we could practice what is within its' 13 verses.

Today let's focus on verse one. The NIV version says 'If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.' For instance, if yours truly, the Christian writer, writes about love but then goes out and doesn't practice what I preach what good is that? Sure I may have a ways to go but I know what the word of God says and each and every day with God's help I seek to love like Jesus' would love. Sometimes it is very difficult.

If you are ultra religious and do the Sunday thing but the other six days treat people like garbage then what good did Sunday do for you. You can bang that Christian drum but do you show Christian love the rest of the week?

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I want more of you and your love in my life. I know that just do my "Sunday duty" is not enough especially if my actions the rest of the week make me no different than a non church goer. Help me Lord love and mean it. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment