Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

OH WELL!!


 Exasperation is what I felt after writing a new devotion and have it entirely disappear. I know that the enemy probably does not like that I write about Jesus and he can do his thing to frustrate me. Especially when the devotion was completely from scratch and no drafts were available. I refused to have a meltdown. What good will it to to get frantic and worry? None. It will not bring the writing magically back. So what to do? Pray and move on.

We all have patience tests in life but for a writer, losing your work is a real test. I guess I need to ask God to help me recall what I wrote and start again. I am not sure what happened but for me to keep dwelling on it will achieve nothing. What is done is done. I can pray and let it go. All of a sudden I have a brand new topic and that is what I am writing right now.

So whatever has happened to you in your life that is beyond your control as well, has to be let go. You can not just sit and mull over something out of your hands.

This whole ordeal makes me think of the topic of peace once again. Imagine for a moment that you are a victim of a tornado ripping your house to shreds and scattering your belongings for miles. There is nothing you can do. As with one tornado victim I spoke with day or two after the 27 April 2011 F5 tornado ripped her home off its' foundation and placed in the middle of the street and then it collapsed,"I just want to find my drivers license". A few days later her neighbor whose home was barely touched told me she indeed had some how found it in this mess.Life mattered and material possessions were of little concern except maybe drivers licenses, birth certificates, and photographs.

You let go and let God. You give Him your concerns. In the big scheme of things my lost writing is frustrating but is really no big deal. 1 Peter 5:7(NIV) says 'Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you.' Indeed He does care. Pray and leave it with Him. Losing things and having material you have worked on disappear into cyber space is annoying but in order to have peace you have to move on.

John 14:27(NIV) 'Peace I leave you, my peace I give you.I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not let them be afraid.'
PRAYER: Lord thanks for the ability to forget and move on when I am frustrated about losing things especially when there is nothing I can do. I cast my cares on you Lord and ask you to work in my heart to not let me be burdened by earthly issues that do not really matter. In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment