Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

BE STILL, IF YOU CAN


Sometimes in order to hear from God you have to be still. This might mean changing your schedule for some peaceful quiet time and getting away if you are able. If you work full time you may have to be creative. One job I had I used to go outside the building to a little stream that ran behind the office and sat there and enjoyed the quiet on my short lunch break. Parks are nice places to go as well.


In the hustle and bustle of modern life, especially in major cities,
the pace can be quite frantic and fast paced. Bosses want something
yesterday! Work, work, work and then needing time to unwind. It is
crucial especially for the believer.

Psalm 46:10(NIV) is one of my favorite verses and it simply says 'Be
still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I
will be exalted upon the Earth.'

Parents who try to get their young children in all sorts of activities
at the same time I feel are doing them a terrible disservice. Go to
piano, then off to dance, then soccer practice, next to art class and
so on. These young ones are hardly having time for a normal family
life and can certainly not have time for God.

If you are a Christian parent are you teaching your young children
about quiet times and peace? It is good to start it early. Even take
away some of the electronics for a while. In all those activities do
not leave out alone time with God. That goes for adults too.

I challenge you to find a creative way each day to have a time alone with God.
PRAYER: Thanks Lord for the gift of quietness. Help me use my time here on Earth wisely. Forgive me for the days I rush off and

No comments:

Post a Comment