Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

DO YOU JUST PLAY WITH GOD?

What I mean by this is do you just show up at church on Sunday for one hour and have fun singing and talking to people but then the rest of the week go about your week and do not even think about anything heavenly or of God?  Psalm 66:18 says "If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened."  There is more to 'walking with God' than just punching some ticket on Sunday morning and saying in effect "been there , done that, got the tee shirt". What is keeping you from a closer relationship? "People are phonies" you may say. 'Too churchy' is another excuse. "I  go to church in nature on Sunday."  I am sure you have heard a host of excuses.

Do you bring God off the shelf when you need him for something? Perhaps to look good that you are a 'member of a church? Remember there is nothing in the Bible about church membership being the ticket to heavenly admission and as a matter of fact the words 'church membership' are not in there at all that I can tell.

God wants to be more than a little playmate you take out every Sunday during playtime or church. He wants you to get serious about your relationship with him. It says in scripture he is a 'jealous' God.  Exodus 20:4-5 says  “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.  You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me". Wow I hope you don't hate God but do you love Him with all your heart? Deuteronomy 6:5 says "And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength."
  
I challenge you to make Jesus your first priority. If you go to church and go to sleep maybe it is time to change churches.Church is not supposed to be about 'religion' but about a 'relationship' with Jesus.  Find a place where you get excited to go there and that is drawing you closer to the Lord and not leading you away from him from boredom or lack of solid Bible teaching.  Put God first!

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for loving me unconditionally and being patient with me during times I just zone out and forget anything about serving you or walking with you. Help me do better. In Jesus name,Amen

(Listen to attached old gospel song. It makes a very good point.)

http://youtu.be/DtGBIOEf7ro

No comments:

Post a Comment