Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

CELEBRATE....BE HAPPY!!

 Do the following statements sound vaguely  familiar? "Thank goodness it is Friday! "  "I'm just barely getting by."  "I am living pay check to pay check." "I am staying busy." "It's a job." Why do we talk in a negative tone like that? Why not speak with victory and power?

 I live in an area that is about to majorly be hit by severe unemployment due to the end of the Space Shuttle program. Many brilliant minds of rocket scientists will go dormant unless something is done. It is quite sad and humanly scary. These men and women love their jobs, at least most of them do, and want to go to work. Instead of saying, "I have to go to work" why not say "I get to go to work!"

Things happen in life, both good and bad, and it is how we react to them that matters. Sometimes 'bumps in the road' lead to better things in the long run.You have heard when God closes a door He opens a window?  Instead of having a 'woe is me' attitude if you are going through a trial right now be it loss of a job, foreclosure on a house or some other devastating thing in life ask the Lord to show you what he wants you to learn through this. Keep the faith and know that God is there when the world runs out. Try as hard as you can to speak positive words from your mouth. It is not easy when something has you down to stay upbeat. Do not allow Satan to get you into his pity pit. Know  that things will be better.
Sometimes we do not appreciate something until we have lost it such as our health, for instance. We freely flit about and then all of a sudden a major illness sets us back. Perhaps you are a runner and you sprain your ankle. There goes your fitness routine. Truly most of us have lots to be thankful for if we would just stop and think about it. You plan to take a trip but an unexpected problem happens and you need your money for something else. Life can throw you a curve ball at times. You complain about your job then are laid off and wish you could have the job back.

Be thankful for those things you have. Wake up and say "Lord I thank you this day for the job you have given me to do. Help me to work at it with all my heart and look for ways to be an example for you in my workplace." Colossians 3:23 tells us " Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters." If you are the only believer where you work what type witness are you going to be if you are always gloomy and complaining? Think about it. You represent the king of kings and Lord of Lords. It is easy to get in a grumbling mode. I for one grow weary being around people who are constantly gossiping, complaining and putting others down. You can get sucked into this habit very easily if you are not on your guard. Try to be different and set apart. Praise God even in the storms of life.

James 5:9 says "Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door." Are you guilty at not finding joy in your journey? As a reminder it is the enemy who wants to have you all down in the dumps. Refuse to let Satan take you down his path of defeat and anguish. Revelation 3:8 says "I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." God is there so reach out to Him.

Keep looking up. God is never far away. He is only a prayer away. Call out to him.

PRAYER: Father I thank you for both the good and bad things in life because they help us grow into being more like you . Help me hang on when things come my way that end up being a storm of life. I look to you for my hope and strength. In Jesus Name. Amen.

http://youtu.be/uHdcyue0bSw

No comments:

Post a Comment