Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, February 7, 2011

RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS

 
Back in the 60's the singing group 'The Carpenters' sang a hit tune "Rainy Days and Mondays" and it went on to say 'they always get me down'. Do they have to get you down? Whatever is causing you to be in slump can be taken care of. You do not have to be down in a pit forever. Even just thinking right will be half the battle for leaning towards waking up with the 'blues'. When you intentionally think on things that are good and pleasant and not dwell on 'what ifs' and your problems then things will be much better. Focus on what you have to be grateful for because, for those of us living in America, right there is one big thank you!
 
I will not disregard the fact that there are some out there who indeed need a physicians care for clinical depression. If you feel that is you then by all means go seek medical attention but on the average many folks wake up forlorn and a little out of it every now and then. Keep your mind set on things that will build up and not tear down. Make a deliberate effort to be kind and positive. The cares of the world will 'choke' the word of God so you have to try to keep looking to Jesus for your strength. Mark 4:19 says, "And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful." Things do not make you happy but living for the Lord and helping others will.
 
Psalm 46:1 says "God is our refuge and strength a very present help in time of trouble." Whatever you are going through God does care and he is there for you. Make your life count and know that God is there as your biggest cheerleader.  In Acts 20:24 it says,"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace."
 
PRAYER: Thanks Lord for another day you have given me to impact the world around me. Help me to smile at others and be at peace in all sorts of situations. Give me your love for all the people you place in my path that I might be your witness. Take away any self centered attitude and help me be Christ centered. In Jesus Name, Amen!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment