Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PLEASE BE PATIENT

PLEASE BE PATIENT

I used to have a boss in the Army who told me 'patience was virtue'. We can sometimes get ourselves into embarrassing situations by not being patient. Been there done that got the tee shirt. ( My AZ writer friends can recall my Readers' Digest story. Enough said.)
Patience comes in form of waiting and knowing God is in control. When we rush into things or jump to conclusions(I have gold medal in this sport..LOL) we sometimes stop God who is working in all things. Manipulation is not really desired. We need to be still and wait.

Let's go over a few verses in the Bible that deal with patience. Psalm 37:7-9 says,"Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land." Now I could stop right there. That says allot.Psalm 40:1 says "I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry." In Proverbs 15:8 it reads, "A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel."

People have told me we should not pray for patience or we will have a trial. (James 1:3) but it seems everyone I talk to wishes they had more patience. It just takes practice. We are all on a journey.

For further reading and study: Colossians 3:12-13;Isaiah 40:31;Romans 12:12;Galatians 6:9;I THessalonians 5:14

Prayer: Father today we ask that you search our hearts and help us with anything in our lives that is causing us to want to take things in our own hands. Help us wait on you and your perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment