Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, October 19, 2020

Are You Rejoicing?

 


Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.Romans 12:15

Recently a fellow writer whose writing I receive was sharing with her readers how in her attempt to spread comfort and empathy about a struggle she was going through a reader verbally attacked her for her lack of compassion. I too have experienced this when there is a huge misunderstanding in what you are trying to convey. 

The enemy is alive and well. He the little weasel does not like Christians or Christian writers who attempt to share God’s love with others. All of us have struggles and it is not your job to compare who has it worse. Usually this occurs when your eyes get off the savior and onto self.

Jesus endured the worse struggle by his beating, torture, and death on the cross. He did this because he loves us. Imagine someone telling Jesus, my pain is worse. Friend remember to weep with those who weep and don’t be self centered on your own pain. 

PRAYER: I am thankful for things I have gone through that make me stronger. Forgive me if I have ever acted like I deserve more grace than another. Give me a compassionate heart. In Jesus’ name.Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment