Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Life Without Apps


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27


Hey there's an app for that! What was life like before the convenience of the mobile phone app? Well we communicated more face to face for one. 

Imagine if you can a day free from cellular devices. It might be a good exercise to do.  Also a challenge for parents is taking away your teens 'device' at bedtime. Set time to be a family without your phones clutched to you like a life saving device. Some need to admit they have a problem. 

The cell phone does have many fine Christian apps to use and even several Bible apps but still give yourself a break and try to set a app free/cell phone free day. Use the day to talk to God. Also to experience quietness and no neck pain from looking down. Enjoy talking face to face. Now go make someone's day! 

PRAYER: Father I thank you for times of peace and quiet. I thank you for my modern devices but help me not oversaturate myself with technology. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment